Sunday 25 August 2013

China Pattern Mani

Hello fellow polish addicts!

I felt it was definitely time for another blog post.

For today's post I felt like something feminine yet clean and here is what I came up with.


I absolutely fell in love with this design and I can tell it is one that I will be using again.  I started with the usual suspects of Duri Rejuvecote and Nail Tek Foundation II before applying my undies.  My choice for the white was my favourite white polish ever, My Boyfriend Scales Walls by OPI from the Amazing Spiderman collection.  Since this is not part of OPI's permanent collection I made sure I bought a back-up bottle(I am beginning to think I need to back-up my back-up!). I love the slight grey tone to the white that is evident in the bottle but disappears on the nail.  I find it just that bit different that is necessary to not look like you are in high school and have covered your nails with white out(Yes, I totally did that on more than one occasion).  I applied 2 coats of MBSW which made it completely opaque and then added one coat of SV to aide in drying time before stamping.
As for the blue I choose, it is Maybelline Color Show in Navy Narcissist from the Metallics section of their polishes (picked up at Walmart for only a few dollars).  I have to say for a mainstream polish this worked way better for stamping than even I was expecting.
The blue was deep and pure and bright and caught all the details in the stamp that I used which was Pueen 33 from the Sumptuous collection( I know, I know, two in a row but they are my newest plates and I absolutely adore them).  If anyone is interested in a review of both the Pueen sets let me know in the comments, I recently purchased both of them from nailpolishcanada.com.

Once I stamped each nail I immediately added another coat of SV, no problems with smearing, which is why I haven't switched to another topcoat.  I then added another coat of Rejuvecote to seal everything
(I am actually following the directions for the Rejuvecote, if for no other reason than it makes my nails feel very hard when it is applied, a huge change from when I first started my manicures) and applied a cuticle oil to combat the dryness I am dealing with.

I hope you enjoyed.  Until next time, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment