Friday 30 August 2013

Nail Polish Haul! ...and stuff.



Hello, sorry I didn't post yesterday as planned but I got called into work unexpectedly.

Today as the title suggests I have a nail polish haul to share with you.  All of these polishes, and polish paraphernalia were purchased by myself at two different Winners in my area over a two day period and I have broken them into 2 groups; Day 1 and Day 2.  For those of you not familiar with Winners it is a Canadian store that is part of the TJ Maxx and Marshalls family.

Day 1, Essie mini For the Twill of it 4 pack, China Glaze On the Horizons Party Fowl, Ciate Caviar Manicure with Ferris Wheel and Cotton Candy, and Sephora by OPI Cab Fare.
Essie For the Twill of It, Autumn 2013 mini collection

First off, the Essie's, this mini 4 pack consists of For the Twill of it, Cashmere Bathrobe, The Lace is On and Vested Interest.  This was a great find as I was not expecting to be able to find the newest collection until later on in the year.  I am fine with not getting After school Boy Blazer and Twin Sweater Set since these were basic colours that I already have in my collection.  I have to say that Cashmere Bathrobe and Vested Interest are already my favourite picks and that is just from swatching them on my colour wheel, more in depth look on Sunday.

Sephora by OPI, Cab Fare
 SOPI's Cab Fare is a sun shiny yellow with microscopic glitter that catches the light beautifully.  The first coat is rather sheer but it builds up well, no problems formula wise.

China Glaze On the Horizons Party Fowl.
 I know the Horizons are based on Nails Inc. Feather Effects but I don't have any of that brand to compare, I only have one lonely Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat in All Yarned Up.  I will say that CG builds up better on the nail than SH and I like that the CG base is matte versus the SH shine.

Ciate Caviar Manicure, this is the one with Ferris Wheel in the Paint Pot and Cotton Candy in the beads.  
I have seen the reviews for these products on YouTube and I understand the the beads do not adhere well and come off in your sleep.  I mainly bought this for the nail polish because I love the Ciate formulas of the other two colours that I have, Pepperminty and Cream Soda, and this brand is not readily available in my area.  Ferris Wheel looks to be close in colour to OPI's Gargantuan Green Grape(new formula, which is not green at all) but has a better formula, requiring two coats instead of three. I can post a comparison if anyone is interested.


Day 2, Cake Lemon Chiffon Velveteen hand creme, OPI's Cuckoo about this Color, China Glaze Flock Together, Konad French Nail Art Stamping Kit, OPI's San Francisco mini collection.

Cake Lemon Chiffon Velveteen Hand Creme
Cake Lemon Chiffon Velveteen Hand Creme, all you need to know is fast absorbing, non greasy...and smells like lemon cake mix, yum!

OPI Cuckoo for this Color
 Unfortunately my camera finds itself unable to capture the beauty of this deep green polish.  This is from the Swiss collection from the fall of 2010 and I consider myself lucky to have found it anywhere since it is not part of OPI's permanent collection.  The deep forest green with slight blue shimmer is lovely and a two coat-er.
China Glaze On the Horizons Flock together
 After I got and swatched Party Fowl, I knew I needed Flock Together. I don't think I am interested in any of the other combinations.  I wore this on my index finger today and I could not stop looking at it!

Konad French Nail Art.
I have the Konad stamper and scraper already but these are my first official Konad plates, as all of my plates before this have been Cheeky, Bundle Monster, Nailz Craze and Messy Mansion.  I am looking forward to seeing if it lives up to the hype.
OPI's San Francisco mini collection
Last I have the OPI San Francisco mini collection containing First Date at the Golden Gate, Muir Muir on the Wall, In the Cable Car-pool Lane, and Peace & Love & OPI.  I have not had a chance to swatch these yet but I am loving the deep plum of In the Cable Car-pool Lane.  I have heard from other nail bloggers that Peace & Love & OPI is a dupe of Essie's For the Twill of it, and from looking at the bottles I think they are right.  I can do a comparison to see about formulas later.

This post would not be complete without showing you what is currently on my nails.
This is my first ever Waterfall mani! I am quite pleased, however, I will not show you the disaster that is my dominant hand, I need way more practice before I am willing to do that.  Base is OPI's Alpine Snow with various Orly and Color Club Art Club strippers.

I think that is definitely enough info for now, as it stands I am planning to post on Sunday again.
I wish everyone a happy Labour Day long weekend! and until next time, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment