Wednesday 9 April 2014

NPC Day 2: Pastel

Hello polish lovers!

Today I have my Pastel mani from the Never-ending Pile Challenge.  I was originally going to to a more intricate design with a gradient of three colours and then my stamping with a fourth but I ended up running out of time and did not wait long enough before the sponging and it removed my white base in spots.  There is nothing to do in this situation except start over, and since we were going to see the new Captain America after dinner, I did not have enough time.  So here is my simplified mani using 2 untrieds from the Formula X line.

I started with a base of 2 coats of Unmistakable, a pastel green-blue(looks more green IRL).


This is a very pretty polish and would not be untried except for the fact that the first time I tried the Formula X line the polish began chipping almost immediately so I avoided it.  This time I did not use a base coat and it adhered to my nail much better.  I will have to experiment with my base coats because I hate not using them, that last thing I want is stained nails.

Once this was dry I added my stamping, using another untried, Formula X Brazen, a pastel blue-toned pink.  If I did this again I would use a brighter polish for the stamping because the tones for Unmistakable and Brazen were too similar and the stamping did not show up as clearly as I like.  The plate is MoYou London Pro Collection 02.


You can see a slight difference in colour in the 2 photo's as one was taken using natural light and the second is in my light box.  The first is more colour accurate.


First ever close up, but I wanted you to see the prettiness of the flowers.

That is all for today, but I will be back on Friday...probably late...with the Day 3 prompt of Random Untried...I have no idea what that will be yet.

Until then, polish happy!


2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I got a little frustrated that the tones were so similar.

      Delete