Sunday 15 December 2013

Christmas Challenge, Day 4: Traditions

Hello polish lovers!

Today I have my mani for the challenge prompt of traditions.  This was difficult for me to narrow down...and also most of the traditions in my house revolve around food...baking is a huge part of our Christmas celebrations.  So I decided to go back to a tradition of my childhood, one that ended when my grandmother passed away when I was in grade 5.

Every year for Christmas my grandmother used to knit everyone a sweater and us kids also got mittens.  I loved those sweaters and she would always ask what colours we wanted this year.  I actually still have one of the last sweaters that she knitted, the yarn was different and so it stretched out and I still occasionally wear it.


I suffered a bad break to the index finger of my swatching hand so until it grows a little bit, I give to you...my left hand!  Since my left is my dominant hand I do apologize about the sketchy clean up, I always have problems with my middle finger, partially I think, because of the writing callus I have.  Because I am now taking photos with my non-dominant hand they are not as well centered and my finger position is not as good.

This is 2 coats of Barielle Shades Big Apple Red, a great apple red creme.


I stamped using Konad white and used BMH03 for the mitts and hats and BMH01 for the knitted heart.  At the last minute I decided to do a gold accent on my pinkie nail, this is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Wedding Glitters, 2 coats.

That is all for today, but I will be back soon.

Until then, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment