Sunday 2 February 2014

Nail Art A-Go-Go, Day 2: Jewel Tones

Hello polish lovers!

I am back with another challenge mani, this one for Jewel Tones.  I have done jewel tone mani's before so I wanted to make sure I used different colours from last time.  This time I used green, red and blue.  I started with a base of 3 coats of Revlon's Chroma Chameleon in Topaz(forgive me as I somehow managed to completely not take any photos before moving to my second step).  I was really disappointed with how sheer this polish was, it also showed every brushstroke and did not self level.  I am glad I picked this up on clearance and did not pay the full price for it.  I used the colour specifically because it reminded my of peridot, a light-lime green semi-precious gemstone, the colour is not topaz at all.

Once the 3 coats were dry I added ruby red and sapphire blue lines down my nails.


I used 2 Nubar stripers for this, Dark Red Frost and Royal Blue.


This is one of the more simple mani's I have done but I like that simplicity, and the way the stripes make my fingernails look longer.

Anyway, that's all for today, I will be back tomorrow for the next prompt of Warm vs. Cool.

Until then, polish happy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://onachalkboard.blogspot.ca/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawna, I will probably get around to posting about it when February is done.

      Delete
  2. Love the colour combo <3

    ReplyDelete