Thursday 6 February 2014

Nail Art A-Go-Go, Day 6: Neon

Hello polish lovers!

Today I have my mani for the challenge prompt Neon.  I love neon! Especially for summer, my toes, and usually fingers are dowsed in neon from June till September.  I am always looking for another good neon to add to my collection.

I am showcasing 2 of my newer neon's today.  I started with a base of Orly Glowstick, your quintessential highlighter yellow.


This has been colour corrected because my camera took one look, said AHHH!!! and ran in the other direction, like a little baby, from the neon awesomeness.  This very close to real life though.  I love the Orly neon colours, I have Melt Your Popsicle as well, awesome traffic cone orange! This is 2 coats over a base of 1 coat of OPI Alpine Snow.

Once this was dry I got out my dotting tool and used Alpine Snow, again as a base, dotting randomly across my nails.  When this dried I went over the dots with Models Own Bubblegum.  I have found with neon, if you don't use white base the colour below will leech and change the colour you are placing over your base.


 This is still looking slightly orange, again my camera's fault, cannot handle the neon.

That is all for today, but I will be back tomorrow with the Day 7 prompt of Primary.

Until then, polish happy!



2 comments: