Tuesday 4 February 2014

Nail Art A-Go-Go, Day 4: Monochromatic

Hello polish lovers!

Today is Day 4 of the Nail Art A-Go-Go Challenge and our prompt is Monochromatic.  I decided this was a good time to show a polish that I picked up at Sally's recently, OPI's Gargantuan Green Grape!  But wait, I have shown GGG before, haven't I?  Well yes, but this is the original formula...which is actually green, as apposed to light blue.  I don't know if OPI re-released the original formula, or if they managed to find old stock, but I was just happy to finally have the colour that I thought I was getting(blue version bought online...damn old photos that aren't accurate).  If you want to see the blue formula, you can see my post here.

Without further ado, Gargantuan Green Grape!


Love, love, love, love, love!  I know this is not a great formula, it takes 3 coats to be opaque, but I love the colour.

When this was dry I used OPI's Jade is the New Black for my stamping(I discovered it worked well over light colours) and BM406 plate.  I like the image, it is very organic and reminds me of seaweed.  I used the regular polish brush to create dots on the nails at the center of the images spirals.  I topped with SV, as usual.  Oh, and the Nubar Diamont Top Coat does work for stamping without smearing.


That is all for today but I will be back tomorrow with Day 5, Contrast.

Until then, polish happy!


2 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! Like pretty ferns on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete