Monday 3 February 2014

Nail Art A-Go-Go, Day 3: Warm vs. Cool

Hello polish lovers!

Today I have my day 3 challenge mani, Warm vs. Cool.  I decided to go mostly with cool tones, which is more than half of my collection.  I did a base of 2 coats of Color Club's Baldwin Blues except for my warm, which is 2 coats of OPI's My Favourite Ornament(Oh My Glob! the gorgeous glitter!).


Once this was dry I coated with Nubar's Diamont Seal and Shine, Fast Drying Top Coat, which I have not heard any reviews on but is very fast drying...I will need to try it with stamping, I am a little hesitant because it is a thin formula so I don't know if it will drag stamping or not.  I will report back after I have attempted.  Perhaps I will do a comparison of a number of top coats, to check drying time and stamp dragging.  Anyway, I am getting off topic.

In keeping with my cool tones I decided to stamp with Color Club's Silver Lake, a metallic silver that works great for stamping, and the feather image from the Nailz Craze NC01 plate available here to see her Etsy store.


I completely fell in love with this design and have recreated this mani using SOPI Caffeine Fix and Essie's As Good as Gold for a warmer look.

That is all for today, but I will be back tomorrow with day 4, Monochromatic.

Until then, polish happy!

4 comments:

  1. That blue and the gold texture look amazing together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was really surprised by how much I liked My Favorite Ornament.

      Delete
  2. That feather is lovely! I want that plate too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the feather, I have a Messy Mansion plate on the way that has an amazing feathered quill, cannot wait.

      Delete