Sunday 29 September 2013

#falling for nail art Day 3: Crunchy Leaves

Hello polish lovers!

Today is day 3 of the Falling for Nail Art Challenge and today's theme is Crunchy Leaves.  This leave a bit of room for interpretation and I love fall leaves, the various colours; red, brown, yellow, orange, and of course the sound they make under your feet as you walk down the sidewalk or through the grass.  The sound of Autumn.  Makes me think of crisp cool days and nights and hot apple cider(yum, I love cider).  Every year my family goes for a drive to Meaford to pick fresh apples, and I always get cider.  We are going next weekend, the apples we get are needed for the pies we make for Thanksgiving, which is only 2 weeks away.

But enough of why the fall is my favourite time of the year, on to the mani!

Crunchy Leaves
I began with a base of Gosh Rusty.  Can I just say I don't know why I have only worn this once before(welI do, its called polish addiction).  Rusty is a gorgeous rusty burnt orange that is just amazing, opaque in one coat as is seen on my ring finger, while two coats are on my other nails.  It is not overly streaky and dries quite fast.  Once it was dry I used Essie's Good as Gold for my stamping of Bundle Monster's BMH11, which are lovely maple leaves, so appropriate for a Canadian girl!

On my ring finger I created a gradient of China Glaze's Flying South.  This picture does not show the orange metallic glitter that is a part of this micro bar glitter beauty.  I have to say I picked up the polish specifically for this challenge because it is perfect to show the leaves falling off the trees and scattered across the ground.

That is all for today.  I will be back tomorrow with my next 33DC, which is tribal.  Until tomorrow, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment