Monday 16 September 2013

Lucky 13 Lacquer, No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me, swatches and review

Told you I would be back, fellow polish lovers!

I have a really special treat today.  When I was in uni one of my roommates, Laura, made me watch this little sci-fi fantasy show that wasn't even on for one full season.  That show was Firefly and quickly became one of my favourite shows(I cannot tell you how many times I have re-watched the DVD's and Serenity), along with Veronica Mars and Doctor Who, two others I attribute my fandom to Laura.  Firefly also was the beginning of my love of  Nathan Fillion, which will never die and continues in my love of Castle, but that is another post for another day.

Today I am talking about Firefly and a polish inspired by River Tam, one of my favourite characters from the show, played by Summer Glau.  No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me is from Lucky 13 Lacquer's Ballad of Serenity collection and can be found here.  I was lucky enough to pick this up during her 15% off lady inspired lacquers sale that she had in August(look forward to future posts featuring Bad Wolf and Golden Snitch).

No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me, two coats, one coat Seche Vite, artificial light
Love, love, love, love, love this polish!  So gorgeous! So much depth! So much sparkle! my camera really couldn't handle the sparkle.  The above is two coats only, the polish is thick, but workable, no problem getting the glitter out or distributed on the nail. It's a minty green shimmer base with with tiny silver and fuchsia glitter with larger silver and iridescent fuchsia hex glitters.  This polish is awesome!  It wore like iron on me and I wore it for FOUR days!  FOUR DAYS!  I don't wear any polish for four days! Usually by the second day one nail(usually my wonky thumb nail)has chipped and its all over, but not this polish.

No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me, two coats, two coats SV, sunlight

This polish was also a lot smoother than I was expecting, most glitters that I am used to are so rough you can't even think about top coating them without specialty top coats, which I do not have.  This polish did slightly eat the first coat of SV, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting, and the second coat stayed very smooth and shiny.

No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Me, bottle shot
I couldn't leave you without a shot of the bottle and all of its gorgeousness.  I really cannot wait to try Golden Snitch and see if the wear time is comparable for me.  Please remember that having a polish last for four days is something that is pretty much unheard of on my nails so someone else's wear time could be much longer than mine was.

Until next time, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment