Monday 9 September 2013

Owls and Flowers

Hello, polish lovers!

Today I have a really fun owl mani accented with flowers.  I began with Orly's Coachella Dweller, a lovely sage green with a slight grey cast.
3 coats Orly Coachella Dweller topped with Seche Vite.
Coachella Dweller was released as part of the Orly's Hope and Freedom Fest, I managed to find this along with High on Hope at Winnners a few weeks ago.  It is a lovely creme but is unfortunately a little thin on application and requires three coats for full coverage as it had some thin spots after the second coat.

Owls and Flowers
I created the owls wings and head from Revlon's Foxy, as well as 3 dots on the chest to make the feathers.  While that was drying I used OPI's My Vampire is Buff and a dotting tool to create the flower shapes.  I also used that colour to create the owls beak and ear feathers.  The center of the flowers and dots are also Revlon's Foxy while the owl's eyes are Wet n' Wild's Black Cream and French White. Everything was finished off with my favourite top coat, Seche Vite.

I really enjoyed this mani, its one that looks much harder than it actually is.  I wanted to show something other than the stamping that tends to be my go to since it is so quick and easy once you get used to it.

Anyway, that is all for today.  'Til next time, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment