Monday 11 November 2013

33DC Day 22: 3 Colour Gradient with a Pattern

Hello polish lovers!

I am hoping to have better luck with this post than the last.  My computer was doing strange things to the photos.

So I have my 33DC mani for day 22 for you today.  This was a great theme because it was so open.  All I had to do was choose 3 colours, create a gradient and then create a pattern over top.  I gathered 6 colours together and made my brother choose three.  They were all Color Club polishes and he chose All That Razz, New Bohemian and a chartreuse green that I could not find a name for.  All of these polishes came from random sets that I purchased at Winners, they are full sized bottles but none are named(I had to search the internet for the other colour names), for some reason I cannot find this chartreuse, it is not the same as Sunrise Canyon, although it is the closest of the other Color Club greens.  If anyone knows the name of this polish, please feel free to leave a comment.


This is 2 coats and it is very similar in colour to OPI's Did It On 'Em, but the formula is much better, Did It On 'Em never wanted to go opaque, even with white base coat.

Once this had dried I created the gradient pattern with the 3 colours.


It looks rather rainbow-ish but I love how bright it is.  Once that had dried my brother stated it needed harsh lines in black to finish.  So I looked through my plates and got out GA15 with Konad Black stamping polish.



I, surprisingly, really liked how this turned out and can totally see myself wearing this during the summer.  There is something very 80s about this.

That is all for today, until next time, polish happy!


3 comments: