Friday 22 November 2013

33DC Day 27: 3 Patterns

Hello polish lovers!

For the 3 Patterns prompt in the 33 Day Challenge I decided to go all out preppy.  I mean, argyle sweaters and Burberry bags and the like.  I wanted understated but statement making, if that makes any sense.

I started with yet another unnamed Color Clubs from my infamous sets.  This one, I have decided, is Give Me a Hint, and this is one coat.


An awesome greige, and its opaque in 1 coat!  I don't care what this polishes name is, I want to marry it! Even Barry M's Lychee(which I love) is a solid 2 coat-er.  I SV'd this and let dry before I started my freehand.  I decided to freehand the designs except for the accent which is stamped.


My pinkie and index fingers are Burberry patterns, I was really impressed with how much control I was able to achieve considering this is only the second time I have attempted this, and the first time on myself.  My middle finger is argyle, which I have done before but always manage to make look slightly awkward.  I used the same 3 stripers for these two patterns and then used Konad black and PUEEN22 for the lattice rose image, which I felt worked well with the overall preppy theme.


I really like how this turned out overall.  I will definitely need to bring back the Burberry pattern another time, maybe using different colours.

I will be back on Sunday with my next Falling for Nail Art Challenge, which is entering its final week.

Until then, polish happy!


1 comment:

  1. Burberry pattern is always a win. I love all these patterns together!

    ReplyDelete