Friday 4 October 2013

33DC Day 6: Texture

Good morning, polish lovers!

Today is texture day in the Crumpet's 33 Day Challenge.  I have only recently gotten into textured polish and only own 3 so choosing one to use today is easier for me then it would be for some.


I started this mani with 3 coats of Ciate's Kiss Chase, this is a bright fun pink with hints of coral,  I could have stopped at 2 but there as a slight visible nail line at 2 and I was covering the tips anyway but I am a bit OCD about these things and don't like to see nail line through polish.  Once this was dry I used my OPI Matte Top Coat.  I love the smooth soft texture that matte-ifying nail polish gives you.

I actually did my textured tips using NOPI's A-nise Treat from the Gumdrops collection before I did my stamping.  I love this textured polish because it is all fine sparkle without chunks of glitter, which I find makes them more messy looking.

Once the texture had dried sufficiently I added the thistle image from Messy Mansion's MM16 plate, which is William Morris and Friends(I love William Morris design and did a little squee when I found this plate on her Etsy site, which you can find here).  I realize that this did not stamp perfectly every time but that was because I did not want to put too much pressure on the textured polish, not any fault of the plate itself.

That is all for this post but I think I will post tomorrow, even though it is not a challenge day.  I have been sitting on my photo's of Lucky 13 Lacquer's Bad Wolf and I feel the need to share that amazingness with everyone, so look forward to that post tomorrow.

Until next time, polish happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the little thistles and your colour choices :)

    ReplyDelete