Monday 7 October 2013

33DC Day 7: Artwork Featuring Your Oldest Untried

Hello, polish lovers!

Today I have another of the 33DC themes for you and it is featuring oldest untried polish.  I don't really have many old untried polish because U just recently started adding to my polish collection and all of my older polish was definitely used.  The ones that I chose to use aren't that old, I believe I got these around my birthday in April.  Some of them I don't know why I have never used and others, after using on this mani, I don't know when I will use again.

Sorry, my camera goes insane when it tries to capture Pool Party
Since I had 3 untrieds to use I decided to try my hand at a fishtail braid.  I have done one before on my nieces nails but never on my own(totally different process).  The untrieds are all China Glaze and are Pool Party(pinky), I'm with the Lifeguard(middle) and Flip Flop Fantasy(pointer).  Of the 3 colours Pool Party had the worst formula, I did all 3 colours over white and Pool Party still needed 3 coats to not be streaky, I'm with the Lifeguard needed 2 and Flip Flop Fantasy only one.

I'm with the Lifeguard had the most trouble covering the other colours in the braid, while Flip Flop Fantacy had the least.  Everything was covered with SV.  I love the bright neon pink of Pool Party but with a formula this bad it makes me glad that I have Color Club's Warhol, which is even brighter and a way better formula.

That's it for today, I will be back tomorrow with the first mani of the Hallow e'en Challenge that I am doing.  The theme for that tomorrow is Black Cats/Bats.  Guess which one I chose?

Until then, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment