Wednesday 9 October 2013

Falling For Nail Art Challenge: The Great Pumpkin

Long time no see, polish lovers;)

This post is The Great Pumpkin post!  I must start by saying that when I was growing up Hallow e'en was not complete without watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! so Yay!


I loved doing this mani!  I started with a base coat of Wet n' Wild's Ebony Hates Chris on all my fingers(love this black, opaque and not streaky in one coat).  I then created the shapes I would turn into pumpkins in OPI's Alpine Snow, waited for that to dry and then went over it with one coat of Essie's Fear or Desire.  You will probably see this colour in a lot of my Hallow e'en mani's because I think it is the perfect pumpkin orange.

Once Fear or Desire was dry I used a Art Club's Primary Yellow striper to create highlights and a mix of Fear or Desire and black for the low lights.  I used my Nubar black striper to paint the jack o'lantern's face and China Glaze's In the Limelight for the grass and stems of the pumpkins.  Everything is topped in SV.

I am really happy with how the freehand worked out for this mani, and I may have to re-do it closer to Hallow e'en.

That is all for today, I will be back tomorrow with my next Hallow e'en Challenge for Crumpets Nail Tarts.

Until then, polish happy!

3 comments:

  1. these are so awesome! i love the pumpkins. great start to the halloween style nails!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really pleased with them.

      Delete