Saturday 5 October 2013

Lucky 13 Lacquer Bad Wolf, swatches and review

Hello polish lovers!

Today I have a short post about a polish I purchased over the summer, yet haven't had a chance to talk about much; Lucky 13 Lacquer's Bad Wolf.

Bad Wolf, 3 coats, no undies on pointer and middle, 2 coats over Wet n' Wild Ebony Hates Chris, ring and baby.
I must start by saying that I am a huge Who-vian and cannot tell you how many times I have watched Doctor Who since they brought the series back. I have never sat down and watched the original series but may in the future, all I ever saw were random disjointed episodes while I was young. Rose has always been one of my favourite companions and I loved her story arch with both Nine and Ten.  I don't know if any of you are fans but let me tell you, you don't have to be a Doctor Who fan to love this polish.

Bad Wolf is a black jelly with scattered holographic particles. I did 3 coats on my pointer and middle fingers and you can see that there is no visible nail line, but you do still have nail colour coming through. You can make it opaque on its own in 4 or 5 coats or do as I have done on 2 fingers and layer it over a black polish.  In my case I used Wet n' Wild's Ebony Hates Chris, which was opaque in one coat and provided a good base for Bad Wolf.  My photos really don't do this polish enough justice, the rainbow in the holographic particles is much more pronounced than it looks in my pictures.

Sunlight, pinky and ring with undies, middle and pointer without
I will give you a bottle shot.


You can see the colours slightly better here.

That is all for today.  I will be back tomorrow evening with my next theme in the Falling For Nail Art Challenge.

Until then, polish happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment